Tuesday

On Bonhoeffer

For the sake a organizing, remembering, and capping...I'll be filling the next few posts with regards to the Conference with Summit Ministries in Colorado Springs, at Glen Eyrie.

Our first speaker was Eric Metaxas , author of Bonhoeffer and Amazing Grace ... I also learned out about Socrates in the City which I cannot wait to get my hands on.

Some of my favorite quotes from the famous German Theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer

“I'm still discovering, right up to this moment, that it is only by living completely in this world that one learns to have faith. I mean living unreservedly in life's duties, problems, successes and failures, experiences and perplexities. In so doing, we throw ourselves completely into the arms of God.” 

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speakNot to act is to act.”

I don't want to ruin it for you, so check out the video below...




An Evening with Eric Metaxas from Woodmen Valley Chapel on Vimeo.

A few weeks earlier, Eric had a chance to speak at the Nation Prayer Breakfast, in front of all of our political leaders. Check it out here

No comments: