Wednesday

In the world but not of the world

A few years ago, my wonderful mother was convicted to glorify God with her mind, not only her heart soul and strength (Matthew 22:37) I discovered a love for reading and learning as she passed books/studies/ideas along to me, while at the same time discovering many questions.

The questions came from unproven ideas I had always accepted as Truth. In hindsight, I thank God for the Peace that I had, keeping these issues from compromising my Faith. However, I knew the argument of "Jesus told me in my heart" could only go so far when pointing others to Truth.

"We must live both piously and competently" says Jeff Ventrella of the Alliance Defense Fund. We are not called to argue, are not to expect others to put their Faith in the Lord based solely on appologetics. However, as 2 Timothy 2:22-26 [which is completely rocking my world right now] points out, we are to humble correct those in opposition, so that they may know they truth. God is the one granting repentance to them.

As Jeff says, "we can give enough apologetics to clear the path, then get back to the Gospel."


No comments: