Thursday

On Discipleship

Whelp, my sweet friend Kristin Laughlin invited me to a Noonday Collection trunk show at house, which {I though} was last night. So, when I was thinking I was showing up late for an event, I was actually getting ready to surprise a friend and be welcomed with a cup of decaf and Modern Family.

Kristin and I share many mutual friends, and as we've gotten to know each other we have discovered more things we share in common, such as a love for photography and a passion for Discipleship. She is not only very talented with a camera in hand, but her passion for the Lord and sweet spirit are just down right inspiring. I jumped at the chance to work with her a little last year, and have loved the random chances {like last night} to catch up.

I had just come from my small group, and let's just say I was feeling a little challenged in leading. I am unqualified, easily distracted, don't have the gift of teaching, but even if I did I am not eloquent with words. Most days (every day) I need to hear what I am reading more than the girls I am reading it to. In spite of all of this, pride somehow sneaks in and I am arrogant. Then I confess, but 9 times out of 10 it is wrapped up in false humility. 

{Sufice it to say, the reality of my need for a Savior sinks in deeper each day}

Donald Miller has a fantastic blog post on Discipleship from March, Ten Characteristics of a Disciple.
(Reason #98475 for twitter: links you wouldn't otherwise find)

Kristin was so encouraging, and gave me great resources..excited to pair this with Ashley Anderson's study of John and forge ahead (come Lord Jesus)


No comments: